Tuesday, February 20, 2007

My Oscar Predictions

Here are my picks for the big Oscar night, having seen most of the films ..will give my predictions


ACTRESS - SUPPORTING
Adriana Barraza – BABEL
Cate Blanchett – NOTES ON A SCANDAL
bigail Breslin – LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE
Jennifer Hudson – DREAMGIRLS
Rinko Kikuchi - BABEL


My Prediction: Though my personal choice would be Rinko Kikuchi, It would be Jennifer Hudson to walk away with the golden statue this year.

ACTOR - SUPPORTING
Alan Arkin – LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE
Jackie Earle Haley – LITTLE CHILDREN
Djimon Hounsou – BLOOD DIAMOND
Eddie Murphy – DREAMGIRLS
Mark Wahlberg – THE DEPARTED


My Prediction: Another statue for "Dreamgirls" as Eddie murphy will pick up this, Alan Arkin will be my choice.


ACTRESS - LEADING
Penélope Cruz – VOLVER
Judi Dench – NOTES ON A SCANDAL
Helen Mirren – THE QUEEN
Meryl Streep – THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA
Kate Winslet – LITTLE CHILDREN


My Predication: 2 words Helen Mirren.



ACTOR - LEADING
Leonardo DiCaprio – BLOOD DIAMOND
Ryan Gosling – HALF NELSON
Peter O’Toole – VENUS
Will Smith – THE PURSUIT OF HAPPYNESS
Forest Whitaker – THE LAST KING OF SCOTLAND



My Prediction : Though Forest Whitaker is almost certain to take it , Peter O'Toole or Leonardo might spring a surprise


DIRECTING
Alejandro González Iñárritu - BABEL
Martin Scorsese - THE DEPARTED
Clint Eastwood - LETTERS FROM IWO JIMA
Stephen Frears - THE QUEEN
Paul Greengrass - UNITED 93


My Prediction : This is almost a lock for Scorsese for his brilliant "The Departed" .Closely followed by Paul Greengrass


BEST PICTURE
BABEL
THE DEPARTED
LETTERS FROM IWO JIMA
LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE
THE QUEEN



My Prediction - This would be the most competitive category with every film being equally good to win the coveted prize. I would love to see "Little Miss Sunshine" get it , but I might be proved wrong by "Babel"

No comments: